Beyond Good Summer Salad Recipes - This Simple Corn Salad Recipe Is Easy
It's hard to find good summer salad recipes, but if you've been on the hunt for some mouthwatering options to add to your repertoire, you've come to the right place! This simple corn salad recipe is easy, and it goes perfectly with grilled meat, BBQ, shrimp and fish, most Mexican inspired food, and other summer favourites. I had it today for a light lunch along with with a few slices of steak. You're going to love it!
SIMPLE CORN SALAD Ingredients
- 2-3 cobs of corn
- 1-2 Tbs of butter (substitute olive oil if you prefer)
- 2-3 avocados
- 1 handful of chopped cilantro
- 1-2 handfuls cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 limes
- 1/4 red onion or white onion
Summer Corn Salad easy Directions
1. With a sharp knife, slice the corn kernels off the cob (you can slice them right into the sauté pan). Sauté over medium heat until some of the kernels begin to lightly brown. Stir frequently to avoid burning. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (This part can be done ahead of time. Just store the cooked corn in the fridge).
2. Roughly chop the cilantro, cut the tomatoes in half, dice the avocado, and finely dice the onion (as finely as possible). Combine all these ingredients into a large bowl.
3. Add the juice of 1-2 limes to the other ingredients.
4. Add the sautéed corn.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Optional: Sprinkle a small palm-full of feta cheese over the salad. If you live in Ontario, try 'Bon Feta', which you can get at the Big Carrot and other organic/higher end groceries.
Of course you do.
For two more of my loved, seriously delectable summer salad recipes, as well as several other quick, easy and healthy vegetable dishes, download my free Veggies Recipe Guide.